I would love to start up a conversation on this subject. Please leave a comment. 🙂 Maybe we can all learn something?
My question – We all love our own blogs. Right?
But, What makes a/your blog cool, really cool?
Love and respect.
Contributors so far.
Thanks for the great feedback!
This is a bit of a redo. However, I think these photos are worth it.
This sunflower field lies next to an abandoned Gold mine in Welkom South Africa.
Welkom is an old gold mining town or city situated in the Freestate province. When driving in these parts, it is incredible to see how many gold mines are scattered all over the landscape. The concrete tower in this photo is called “the headgear”. This houses the huge pulleys that feed the cable used for the lift system. The lift is commonly known as a cage.
As always, thanks for reading
Love and Respect
I took these on the road between Rosh Pinah and Swakopmund in Namibia. It is quite a long uneventful drive that mainly consists of sand and dust. It is hot and dry with temperatures going as high as 40 degrees Celsius. This is an unforgiving place. A breakdown here could put you in serious danger of dehydration and over exposure to heat.
After hours of nothing, the road gets a little bumpy and there is a sudden bend. Around the corner I find myself surrounded by color and the sounds of Cicada Beetles and birds. Totally AWESOME!
What an awesome place to have a pit stop. There is a cool breeze blowing that makes the heat bearable. No people for miles, quite an incredible feeling. The feeling that all my money, stuff, contacts and loved ones are in this moment totally irrelevant. I have no cell phone signal and I am truly alone. All I have are memories and stories and a longing to be home that is constantly with me.
On the road again.
Love and Respect
The Passion Fruit Flower – In South Africa we call them Granadillas. I bought this creeper to see if it would run along the wood fence that surrounds my Garden. What a fantastic surprise when it started flowering. Aren’t these incredible?
Seems like a pretty straight forward response to the prompt.
Guys, you really want to get into these prompts.
1. Don Charisma – “Criticism is the breakfast of champions”. The original quote should read “Feedback is the breakfast of champions”. I think Ken Blanchard said this.
2. Public eye – I wonder what percentage of public figures actually get to relax in general. There is always someone watching, waiting for an excuse to form an opinion. How do you filter these out? I would presume that for every insult there should be many compliments and unless you are doing something seriously wrong, it should be pretty straight forward to shrug the insults off. I could not comprehend being bombarded with insults and not getting any compliments. That would be an ultimate cause for sadness.
3. Bible Quote – For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
4. Showing off – A formidable sign of weakness, need to be funny, need to fit in or need to cover personal issues by focusing on someone else and what they do.
5. Developmental issues – Not enough hugs as a kid, broken home maybe bullied as a child. Generally we find ourselves in a fatherless nation, kids are not being brought up with guidance on how to properly use their emotions.
6. Just plain asshole – No words
This is in response to feedback from my post Branding a WordPress Blog. A special thanks to Being Spontaneous and Gazzart for taking the time to give some advice and feedback.
I think I have a winner!
Sorry, I can’t keep it simple! 🙂
I liked the idea of the acronym TRG to shorten The Random G but having 3 letters in an icon that sometimes appears very small makes it impossible to read. So, I had to take the decision to just use the G which is my initial. This has allowed me to still chuck a pretty busy logo together but still have it fairly easy to read. I am glad that I could fit a Cross in. Crosses are cool!
If you read my last article, I mentioned that you should use a transparent .png file which will work well for branding you photos and illustrations.
Here is a photo I took while holding $20 000. The money is long gone but I still have the photo 🙂 I have added my Logo to the bottom right corner seems to look pretty good?
Must admit it was pretty cool to have 200 000ZAR in my hand, even though I spent it that same day.
Love and Respect
But let me try use my words…
Who am I?
Where am I?
Who are these People?
Why can’t I remember?
What has happened to me?
There are no answers!
This is in response to Fear – Don Charisma’s Prompt
This post took about 15 minutes, my quickest so far. I hope it portrays the thing I fear most.
I normally wouldn’t post a photo like this. But spending weeks in a pretty rural part of Kolwezi DRC has made me quite sensitive to pretty things.